Monday, April 18, 2016

Bribery and a class update

There are 5 more weeks of school left .... FIVE!!!  I start to get all shaky and crazy at this time of year (even WITHOUT coffee) because there is SO much that has to be done before my kids can be second graders!!  They have to meet their reading goals, writing goals, know how to tell time, know how to use a map, know all the US symbols... WHAT?!  Oops - we are running out of time and this is what happens.  Teachers freak themselves out trying to make sure the kids are ready to move on.  After all, I do not want to be the reason that little Suzy doesn't know how to read or spell when she goes up to the next grade or her next school.  EEK!  Too much pressure I tell ya!

Anyways, in order to calm down some of the "crazy" at the end of the year (you KNOW what I'm talking about - the CRAZY KIDS :)), I do some bribery at the end of the school year.  I am not above bribery, and just about any teacher will do WHATEVER it takes at this time of year.  So today, I am starting my ever famous "ticket system"!!!






You got that right!  I give out tickets to my class all day long for following directions, listening at the carpet, working the whole time, helping out, etc - you get it....


There are already some names in here!  The SUSPENSE!!!!

 Then, the glorious part about the ticket system is that at the end of every day, we do a drawing for marvelous prizes - prizes so good, you will say "OHHHH  AHHH..."
I just give away random stuff from my room!  It's great!  Like the spelling poster that just fell off the wall last night, or any stickers that have been sitting on my shelf for 3 years, or a broken pointer!  THEY LOVE IT ALL!  So this is my apology (to the parents that is) for any post its, pointers, chart paper, name tags, old books, math journals or anything else that may come your way in the next 5 weeks.  Just think of it as NECESSARY for Mrs. Trauterman to keep her sanity (teacher appreciation if you will).  And please just smile and tell your child "Good Job!"  Because after all, THEY earned it! ;)

Here's today's goodies!:)

Here's some BIG NEWS from today!
  • Jack and Ethan had "Saturday Funday" over the weekend and they loved it!
  • Ethan also has his first baseball game tonight!
  • Paige is starting soccer!
  • Aunna's sister went to prom over the weekend and she looked BEAUTIFUL! (aww)
  • Keigen had a game over the weekend and he scored the winning goal!
  • Bently's brother broke his arm :(
  • Keigen also moved up a reading level today!  He passed his end-of-year goal! <3
  • It's Rhylee's sister's birthday party this weekend!
Have a great week all!  Don't forget - Bribery is your friend ;)

PEACE~



No comments:

Post a Comment