Friday, March 25, 2016

Grandparent's Day

Today was exhausting. (!!!)  I'm actually just now getting home after teaching/attending meetings all day and then singing at the Good Friday service tonight at church....but let's just take a minute to realize that I am officially on spring break - and it feels nice. :)  I wanted to recap our day.  Today was Grandparent's Day, a day where all rules and regulations kind-of go out the window so that adorable grandparents can tell their grandchildren how proud they are of them at school.  It actually all sort-of fits with grandparents because aren't grandparents the ones who always bend the rules anyway?  It's always more fun at grandma's house right?!  Anyway, we had SOME time for math and to take our spelling tests today, but mostly, we anticipated and talked about  (sometimes ran around the room in excitement) the grandparents:  "When would the grandparents come? How many grandparents would there be? What if I don't have a grandparent come? What if I can't see my grandparent?  What if they don't show up??  What if... Wait!  I think I saw my  grandparent in the hall!...What time is it now?  WHAT TIME IS IT NOW?  IS IT TIME?  IS IT TIME YET?!"  That pretty much sums up my day.  Oh yeah, and then Ethan decided it was a good time to yank out his tooth right before the concert.  Oh and the nurse was out of the building - not to worry. We got the bleeding to stop and I took extra tissues to the concert just to be safe! Phew!   But our concert was exceptional.  There is nothing as sweet and pure as children singing together.  It melts my heart.  <3

Some important announcements from today:

  • Max's first loose tooth is VERY loose!
  • Ethan lost his other front tooth!
  • Heidi is going to Virgina over spring break and she's so very excited!
  • Reagan is going to Arizona over break and she's also excited!
  • Mrs. Trauterman is on Spring Break and she's not mad about it.
  • Keigen is playing soccer over break!  
  • Correction from yesterday: Ethan just got supplies for the hamster and it's not his hamster, it's his brother's :)
  • Dean gets to see his uncle and cousins over break - he's going out of town to see them.
  • Cristian asked me if I had to go to meetings after school so that I can be a real teacher...(eye roll) - Maybe he meant better teacher.?  Let's go with that ;)
  • Mrs. Trauterman is tired and is on spring break. 
  • Mrs. Trauterman may or may not have been zoning out during our professional development this afternoon.
  • Spring break ..... and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment