Thursday, March 24, 2016

One and a half more days until spring break! (but who's counting)

Today is Thursday.... and tomorrow...... Tomorrow is an early release day - the. Last. Day. Before Spring. Break.  SPRING BREAK!!! To give me some sweet freedom and time to sleep in,  and drink hot coffee (as opposed to the cold mess I'm left with when I cannot leave my room to heat it up in the morning), and hang out with my girls!  (sigh...)
So, to start off the day, my class and I usually go over our day and check out the schedule.  (My calendar area for today is pictured above). I pointed to the calendar and showed that we had 1 more day 'til break!  "Woo Hoo!"  But then, my first graders... They started to give me that warm feeling that I love so much....  My sweet Rhylee Shouted out "NO!  Then I will miss you Mrs. Trauterman!"  Others agreed.  Then Reagan agreed that she would just sleep in the closet next week so she could see me each day over break.  (Aww..... ;) ).  But then I had to inform the class that I DO INDEED have MY OWN HOME.  I DO go home over break, and while I would miss their cute little faces, I would definitely NOT BE AT SCHOOL next week :). They all looked at me with astonishment.  Max commented, "I knew you had your own house!  I told my mom that once!" Aunna said that she thought I slept on the carpet every night (ewww).  So innocent.  So cute.  First Grade.  I miss these moments on each break, but sometimes us tired teachers - We need a well-deserved break, because teaching 6 and 7 year olds can be exhausting!  That's all for now. May you enjoy your own much-needed break whatever you do and wherever you are.

More fun events today:  

  • Heidi lost a tooth!
  • Lillian moved up 2 reading levels!
  • Draven finished gluing his word sort in less than 15 minutes - meeting our goals!
  • Ethan is getting a hamster tonight.
  • Max ate ALL his lunch! :)


Below are some pics of some designs my kids made during math today.  They were so excited to show off their creativity during math exploring!
Edward
Corbin


Jaxon

Kaylee

Bently

Heidi



2 comments:

  1. L jumped around all night about the reading level jump. We are so proud of our newest reader.

    Thanks for taking time to make the blog. I love knowing about the littles and their adventures. Enjoy your much needed time off. No grading papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad she was excited! You enjoy break too!

    ReplyDelete