Saturday, July 7, 2018

80 Day Obsession Food Prep and Tips 

Hello lovely friends! Who had a great 4th of July? πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️ I spent my day with some close friends and had a great ending by watching some fireworks in my community. The only photo I have is this lovely one isn’t my husband lovely? You try and get a good photo and he does stuff like this πŸ™„πŸ™„. They say a picture is with a thousand words. This one definitely is πŸ˜‚πŸ€£.  

Timed Nutrition 

So I am starting my second round of 80 Day Obsession on Monday! But I started doing timed nutrition (again) a couple of weeks ago. It has really been the only meal plan that keeps me completely on track and on target with my fitness and health goals. Timed nutrition is a meal plan designed by super trainer Autumn Calabrese. It goes right along with her 80 Day Obsession program. Basically, she uses the fixate containers (same ones from 21 Day Fix) and times them out perfectly to give your body a perfect balance of macronutrients throughout your day. You time out your meals perfectly around your workouts each day to get the most out of them. This system takes a lot of planning and prep, but it works! I feel great when I eat this way and I’m hardly ever hungry! I eat 6 meals a day timed out every 2.5 - 3 hours. There is a formula to figure out which meal plan bracket you belong in. You can decide to eat in “weight loss” mode (if your goal is weight loss) or “maintenance”( if your goal is to keep the same weight). Then it tells you how many servings of each food group to have each day and when to eat them! Here’s a typical day for me on this plan. I am on plan A.  During the school year, I obviously wake up much earlier so my meals are a little more spaced out and start earlier, but you get the picture 😊. 

Meal prep

I am by no means an expert, but I have been meal prepping much longer than I’ve been doing timed nutrition. Being prepared for your week with healthy food and options on hand and ready to go is so important! I love these containers that segment everything. This is an example of my preworkout meal. I buy sprouted grain bread. 

I get mine at Aldi. It is recommended on this program. I also buy lunch meat that has no preservatives or added sugars. I like this one I also get this at Aldi (I’m pretty much an Aldi lover people!) I put a little mayo on my sandwich (I use as my tsp. of healthy fat). I do make my own mayo. I learned how to make my own mayo a few years ago when I completed the Whole 30 Challenge. It’s a cleaner version and tastes so good! I got this version from a blog found through Pinterest (Click here)Tastes so good! The last little trick on my preworkout meal is my ranch next to my veggies. I use Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is an approved protein on 80DO. I just use a little less meat and add a little Greek yogurt with some ranch spices so I can enjoy my veggies πŸ˜‹. 

I start the program on Monday! I will continue to update you on my progress and meals! 

Thanks for reading 

PEACE

~Shelly



No comments:

Post a Comment