Friday, June 29, 2018

For the Love of SECOND GRADE, Food, and Fitness!

It's Summer!  Yay!


Hello!  First of all, as many of you already know.  I will be switching grades for next school year!  I am beyond excited! This was us on the day I told my class!



I was excited to tell them that I would be going with them upstairs to 2nd grade next year! How cool is that? I will probably never get that opportunity again! They were so thrilled!! I cannot wait to get into my new second grade classroom and get it organized, and going!  So, naturally, I went on my blog (which I’ve been slacking on BIG TIME), and decided I needed to change the name & theme.  It can no longer be about “First Grade” since I am switching to “Second Grade”.  Then, I thought about it more and more.... I thought about combining two things together that I am really passionate about: teaching and fitness!  I thought and thought and thought about new names for this so called “Teaching & Fitness Blog” I was so bummed that I couldn’t use “first grade” to go with “food” and “fitness”.  PERFECT ALLITERATION PEOPLE!  So I settled for “Second grade, food, and fitness” - which is mediocre, but I am done thinking of ideas!  If you have a better one, shoot one in the comments! :)  Thanks!

So, welcome to my new blog!  Stay tuned for new updates this summer as I head into my classroom next week and start getting it all put together!

Summer reading program at the Library!
As of right now, I have been working on getting books that I know I will need to be familiar with as I teach reading to my second graders this year.  It works out perfectly because I have an almost second grader at home.  So we do this job together! πŸ‘πŸΌ
Lots of 2nd grade Titles!!!
Reading books at the library!
Also, I decided a change in scenery was necessary as I jump into a new grade. It’s not a secret that I love a nicely decorated room that matches and coordinates and all that jazz πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ™ŒπŸΌ.  Also this coming school year, I will have some of the same kiddos as last year. They will want something new to separate their “first grade experience” from their "second grade" one. I want them to know that it’s definitely different, and they should expect it to be a little more firm with higher expectations as they are now a little older πŸ˜‰. So, I am keeping some of the same colors and things, but instead of doing “sunshine” as my theme, I’m doing some little bugs and adding in some greens and pinks with my teal and yellow. 

                                            

Aren’t they cute? You will have a better look when it’s all up and runningπŸ€—.

Isn't my school so cute?  We've gotten together twice with kids over the summer and brought them FREE books and chatted with them about life!  We miss our kids so much!  This is a great way to show families that we care, while making sure our kids are getting books into their hands over the summer!  I love these people!  They are my tribe! ❤️❤️❤️  Not every school has teachers show up over the summer.  Lincoln is a special place.

Fitness World:

In fitness world, I have started timed nutrition again! 



 I will talk more about this in future posts, but if you want to learn more about timed nutrition or 80 day obsession, follow this link to watch the video about what it is and how it's being featured on the Today Show this summer!  Can't wait to show you more posts about my meal plans, workouts and tips!  I start my 80 day obsession on July 9th (for the second time)!!  You should start too! 

Thanks for reading!  See you soon!

Peace
~ Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment