Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Start of Flexible Seating and a Class Update

Hello blog world! The school year is under way and things are definitely starting to fall into place!!! Readers and Writers workshop are going full swing. This week, I started to introduce some of my new seating options.  For those of you who don't know, over the summer, I wrote a DonorsChoose grant to raise money for flexible seating in my classroom.  Check out my previous post on FLEXIBLE SEATING Here.  A couple of our seats have come in already and I couldn't wait to get started!!! The kids started off in readers workshop with out new "go anywhere chairs" to add to our collection of comfy seats..




This is how our typical readers workshop time looks.  Lots of comfy choices!



London loves the nice comfy back on the "go anywhere chair"

and Zachary too...



They all seem to love them!!! 

Then today, we got out and tried some of our new lap desks during writers workshop!

Lizzie and Zachary are so focused on their small moments!


Gianna loves writing~

Austin's story about the Boat House is really coming along!


They all seemed to be really motivated by the choices to sit in different spots and try new spots in the room! Our balance ball chairs are still in the process of being shipped, so I will update you when we get those going!!! Kids love having choice and love being comfortable while they work!! ❤️❤️

Our class this year is definitely FULL of spunk!  Sometimes, it's hard for me to remember all the funny stories and things that happen during the day.  But I always love hearing about their lives and what's happening with them!! Here's some of the important stuff I learned today...
  • Haven has a sister named Emily that just went to college!
  • Alexi's sister is going to Maryville for college too
  • Aurora loves playing with Aunt Tina- they play body slam all the time 😊
  • Christopher lost a tooth last night!
  • Our class read for 18 minutes of stamina without stopping today!!
  • London's favorite show is Ricky Nicky Dicky and Dawn.
  • Calley does gymnastics - she likes cartwheels and forward rolls!
  • Aubrey has allergies :/


That's all for today!  Each day brings it's own challenges and celebrations in first grade!  I can tell my class is excited each and every day to try out and learn new things!

~PEACE
Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment