Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Writers Workshop and a class update!

It's a busy time of year!  My to do list is piling up!  I actually had a mini panic attack this morning because I couldn't find the right paper to write my to do list on!  (Teacher probs..) Anyway, After I forgot my I.D. at home, thought I left my computer at home (but I just left it at school), my daughter missed the bus, and I had a meeting at 8:00 this morning, I thought my day would end up crazy too!  We'll see!  It's only 10:20.  So ANYTHING can happen!

First grade is wrapping up our nonfiction rain forest animal all about books and they are looking so great!  The kids have really taken it seriously and we have some seriously long and researched books!  This Friday we will celebrate our books at our writing celebration!

Here's a look at some of the hard work my kids are doing on this project:










Aren't they all coming along so nicely?  I'll update when we have the celebration!  They are such learners!! <3


How do you do your writer's workshop folders?  We have something like this:


It has 3 sections - one with "writing helpers", one with a green light for work they are still working on, and one with a red light for work they are finished with.  I also give them little notes and post its with writing goals to leave them with something after we conference together.  I'm always looking for different ways to organize or new ideas, so share below in the comments!

Here's some big class updates:

  • Knox got a hair cut last week!
  • Draven and Jack moved up reading levels last week!
  • Rhylee got to see her dad over the weekend and it was fun!
  • Bently went to his grandpa's over the weekend and had lots of fun!
  • Aunna found her crayons over the weekend and she played school...  A LOT!
  • Jack got his haircut over the weekend - A MOHAWK! wow!
  • MAP testing is this week! (3rd and 4th)!  We had an awesome assembly last week and we are wishing them all good luck!
Have a great week!  PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment